Saturday, May 21, 2011

Once Upon a Time

" Jag ne Cheena Mujhse...
  Mujhe Jo Bhi Laga Pyaara..
  
  Sab Jeeta Kiye Mujhse...
 Main Har dum hi haara..."

 Lines of a Beautiful old song..I was listening to...but Holds the Truth of a Million
people on this Earth...

  The Lines Just Touch You Like a Tsunami...and still Leave you in a State of Drought...

There is something always just so associated with songs and you're life..
  Like The First Song...You're loved one sang for You...
 The Song that Gone into You're Mind When You think of you're someone special..is always great...!!

[Flashback]

I as a Kid was quite innocent...i am not just adding that up...

  People Used to tease me a lot of my liking towards one of my childhood friend Anamika...!
Anamika was a single-boned girl with face as white as milk of a cow and big beautiful Eyes...
she was the daughter of my far off relative and his dad has recently got transfered to Lucknow.

 We grew uo together..We were best friends...

Played games..hide and seek...Mummy Papa...Ghar Ghar...

all Girlish Stuff..but that's how it was....!!

  She Was different from other Girls...as in..she was all lean and thin...

I used to Tease her a lot "Haddi Tahin thi" !!

She had different names for me....!!
  
  She was the only Girl in my Life untill I was Good Enough to understand things..
I had seen a lot of Hindi Movie Flicks..and in Movies thats what Happened...
You're Best friend became you're lover...!!

 Everyone used to Tease me relating me to her....

Everyone used to say "Tumhari issi se shaadi krwa denge"...

Though I was filled with Happiness within my chest..but i had to act shy and say..
"Mujhe chaadi nahi Kalni hai"...dats How Kids Speak isnt it ? !

  I Always thought my live is settled when i was a Kid....
I would Have a beautiful wife as Anamika...and I would earn in thousands..and would be really happy with her...

  We used To Play all day and night...except the time I used to be in School...
I was with my Childhood Girlfriend !!

 Things were always so good when I used to be with her....
Holding her Hand and doing all sorts of things...from see-saw in the park...
to running together till home...

Every damn thing required energy..and that came from holding her soft Hands...

as if Vaseline was always applied on them...!
   
   It was Her Birthday and I Bought her a Scenery..in which there's a Guy Kissing a Girl with Red roses held in his Hands...!

Yea ! Thats Wat I Thought of..Kissing her Cheeks...as I never did that...

Though She sometimes if she cried and I made her quiet...saying something or the other....made her smile..used to do on my cheeks...

but as i told you Earlier i was very "Innocent"...!

  I am still considered a Clown at my House..My Mom calls me "Joker"....and my sisters Know I am an SRK Fan..
Hence I act Quite well....!

 I Could Make her Smile...But Like Every Other Guy..I never could see her Cry...

She sometimes used to hold my hand and  Cry...though she never told me the reason..but did...
Her Behaviour changed for a Day but the next day she was fine...

 I had been accustomed to it....!!

  We Were Growing up together..and thats How I Used to see of Us..
Growing old together....
 
 But Whatever You Think of Things Never Happen the Same way....!!

Things Changed...and that too drastically....

  Her Dad Got a Transfer to a Far off Place....and she had to leave that day...
as i came from school...i gotta know about her departure...

 I ran to her to say..Goodbye...

We met..Looked in Eyes of Each other...and being not mature enough to hold our tears back..
We did cry..it was like something was going away from me....

  I could feel the Pain from the next day...

Neither going to school remained fun..nor coming back from it...

things were quite Slow for me..Time moved slow too..

Each time I Had a Look on Watch..it would have been just a few minutes since the last time i had seen the watch...

It was this time I made some male friends...in my colony..

because i had the Ball and the Bat..the most necessary elements for Cricket..

which i earlier used just for Playing with Anamika..!

I was Missing her in doing everything..even for going to the washroom...!

She used to keep knocking at My Door..untill i got out from it...quickly...!!

  Thats how we were...! Silly KIDS !

It Had been about a Few months I hadnt seen her....or even Heard her Voice.

When i got to Know..We all are going to visit her Place...!

I was super excited...

But I had to Hide that excitement feeling in my Heart....!

   We reached her Place in the Evening...
My Eyes Just searching of her..as we had grown quite a lot in the past few months..
and I wanted to see how much has she changed over in this time...

 to my surprise she hadnt changed much...she was thin and still thin..
I thought to myself..."ye Hamesha itni hi patli rahegi kya ?" !!

 We looked.
 we Smiled.

We went at her Terrace..and We sat together looking at the sunset....well that's how we saw in movies..and decided to see it together...!

 I was there for Just One day and we had to leave the next morning...!

we being Kids slept some what close to each other besides our respective Mom's..Talking..

It since then I Know that EYES CAN TALK TOO...!!

  They said the same thing like mine..that we missed Each other.....!!

We left the Next Day..!!

Leaving her felt like i was getting an Injection in each tissue of my Body..and thats the only thing i am afraid of...!!

 Things became obvious for us.
We had to miss each other.
We get to see each other at family gatherings or once a year when we used to visit at her place.

  Everything changes with time and so did this time when we visited her Place.

She wasnt behaving the same with me...

She was happy to see me...I could Make that out from her Eyes...but she wasnt behaving that way....

We were again there for just one day...and i coudnt wait for her mood swings...

 I went up on the Terrace..She came in there Later..

I Held her Hand like always firmly...

and I asked...wats Wrong ?

She didnt say a anything just stayed numb for a while...

she said "Nitesh You're a Nice Guy and You'll  get many other girls"..thats how she said it...

I was all puzzled...as if some one has taken off the mattress below me...!

she again said "Get someone better in you're Life"...

I was like..stop kidding me Anamika...wats wrong ?

she Hugged me and Ran away.....!

 Next day as i woke up..she was standing next to me...
she said "Sorry for Yesteday"...

I smiled..as i was accustomed to her mood swings..!

 It was the Time to Leave...!

I was so accustomed to this Leaving her act..that I had grown some kind of resistance to my tear glands...!
But she was crying this time..in a silent manner this time...!

Things were going all the same after coming back from her Place.
her Memories..the things we did or used to do always stayed on my mind and kept me Happy.

One day..i came back home from School...

Giving my first exam that just started off...

I Saw my Mom Crying.

I never like my Mom crying.Eventually Who Does ?

I asked her the reason of her Tears and she replied "Baby ki badi beti ki death ho gayi"...

I was all stunned.

[Baby was Anamika's Mom's Name..or thats how she was called]

ANAMIKA was dead.

[She was a Cardiac Patient since Birth. & I gotta Know it then]

Exams meant i couldnt even get to see her...and thats how it Happened....!

I Didnt get to see ANAMIKA ever after that.

[Present]

"Har Pal Yahan Jee Bhar Jiyo...

 Uska Nishaan...KAL HO NA HO"....

a Song going on the Radio....

and Thats How Life Really is.....!!

1 comment:

COMMENT HERE:IF YOU DID LIKE IT- THANKS.

Popular Posts