Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Buzz








Classrooms suck until you’re sitting on the seat in one of the classes and the Teacher giving in a lecture of How to behave well, though it’s not a Moral teaching period.
The years that you spend sitting on those benches and chairs are the ones you tend to remember even after you turn old but while we are really going through that phase of our, we really have a hard time. Even the One-Twenty Page book seems like a big task to us, though now a five-hundred page book can be skipped through in a night and that’s how the reality is and always will be.
It was the period of Mr.Curtis, don’t take it otherwise, that’s how it was called in schooldays for a class. Mr.Curtis was our new teacher of English Literature, and if you study in an ICSE school, you already know that English is more of a boring class when it comes to Mr. Shakespeare’s novels. I had a personal liking for the Subject and the personality of Mr. Curtis was quite impressive for every student to take the subject seriously.
Mr. Curtis was of no short than Amitabh Bacchan, mature looks that made him look more from the army and a Gentleman persona with a tie, two-piece and the top button of the Shirt closed even in the mid May ,which was quite surprising for guys as the collar button is never closed for the show off prospective. He was quite masculine with authority and class and was soft spoken even to contrast his personality.
He was the third teacher of English literature for us and the only one who moved of ACT I SCENE I “When the mind was tossing on the ocean”, lines from the Merchant of Venice, one of my favorite novels.
We were the Naughtiest class of the whole school, to be described as Hooligans and various adjectives of the Likes by various teachers. As guys we all were just in our Teenages, and we talked of a variety of things ranging from Tumhari Bhabhi to the x’s. Abusing was the Culture of the Class, if you didn’t abuse you were treated like an alien and there was no one who didn’t abuse from Roll no.1 to Roll no. 45 and that included the Girls. Why should boys have all the fun after all?!!
Mr. Curtis has just taken Mr.Bassanio to meet Mr. Sharma and ask of what was Mr. Sharma talking to Mr.Srivastava that they were giggling controlling their laughter. Mr. Curtis was shouting and it was the Hindi version of Pin drop silence Sui Patak Sanatta, in the class presently.
*Bell Rings*

And so does the Silence is Broken by the Classroom again and Mr. Curtis left seeing that it was no use telling us of how to behave in a class.
It was a rough day actually for all of us in the class from Biology’s Homework to Mr. Curtis’ anger.
But during the day I had noticed something that everyone was talking about and I unfortunately didn’t know of until then. It was called ORKUT then, and so is now too. But I didn’t actually know about it as I didn’t have much of a interest in computers as I barely could understand what the hell Java has to do with buffer reader, so I always just managed to pass in computers though things have changed a lot now.
 I got home all tired. Do I also need to tell you the routine of what happens after you reach home?
But there was something I was forgetting like always and I eagerly wanted to know, I was thinking of it as I was playing cricket with my friends, the result is known to all I was out for a duck. It always after some shock takes up on you that you tend to realize to remember certain things and then it came to me all of a sudden “ORKUT”.
I ran to my house and gave all sorts of reasons to go to the cyber cafe from the coming up project to see something important that would just be available on the internet, we are always good at making excuses and so was I. I got the amount required just for an hour of surfing through the internet in a cyber café.
The first thing I did as soon as I got my partition in the nearby cyber café was open Internet Explorer and type “www.orkut.com”. The page took some time to open but finally loaded giving me its typical blue theme. Giving me a teaser after I read “You need an Invitation to join in”.  Where should I get this invitation now? And what about the rest 55 minutes that a going to do in my partition? Thank God, we had closed cabins then what else do you need for a healthy browsing experience? I knew a few websites then thanks to the classmates, I didn’t get to realize when my time got over.
Next day the classes for me was more of find the Bakra for sending me an Invitation, luckily I am blessed with some good friends and I told one my friend Prakriti about it and to my amazement she was already an Orkut user and promised me to send 1 of the 10 invitations she had.
My problem was solved; I just wanted to know what’s so good about this Orkut that everyone wants to be on it?  The only reasons I got for it from my male friends was Good females. I just didn’t buy on this idea. It was like what big deal? I have many female friends and they are all good looking, so what’s the entire buzz about this “Girls” thing?
Some questions are unanswered and you get to realize the answers only when you have to and only when things happen with you.

1 comment:

COMMENT HERE:IF YOU DID LIKE IT- THANKS.

Popular Posts